Turbo27
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 270182
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2003 WRX
OBP

Default Part 2

Second issue was that i wanted adjustable rear camber so i bought some Vorshlag camber plates for the rear since they come with the spring perch for my new springs to fit. Problem was i ended up ordering them for 8611's instead of 8610's so the spacers were 1mm too small (I emailed Vorshlag but never got a response on sending me the correct hardware) so off to work again and made short work of that problem with a reamer. But then i realized that the bearing was so big the original nuts could only start maybe 1 or 2 threads before being tight so something else had to be done.

I took the idea used for the MSI front plates i have which use tube nuts. After a little measuring and comparison, ordered some 316 stainless bar stock and made a couple at work from scratch:

Here they are installed with just enough room to still get to the adjustment on the koni.

So coilovers were finally on and i set them to the usually recommended ride height of 14" front 13.375" rear. Here is what it looks like now:

After that went to Mid-Ohio with my boss (btw I love my job) to run with the Allegheny region Porsche club of America. This was my first time at Mid-Ohio and I LOVED it! The track is so much fun and so complex it is like a roller coaster. My instructor drove an EVO IX and was surprised at how well my car turned in compared to his. I went for a ride with him and his car understeered pretty badly on turn 11. I dont know his exact setup but I cant say I want to switch to an EVO after riding in it! lol

Anyway I only got two sessions without him in the car. He weight 220 and wanted me to use the "School Line" (Read safe/slower line) So I didn't get any practice on the line i would prefer and still need to work on several areas where i didn't carry enough speed. Either way I was doing good enough the first day that my Instructor bumped me to C group (which they usually require at least 10 track days before going to that group, I had 3) and I was out pacing some of those guys in faster cars than mine.

The Car in the video in front of me was a CTSV Wagon. 556hp helped him a lot on the straights but i made up a lot of ground in the turns. Behind me was a guy in a '12 Cayman R. He approached me after the session asking what all was done to my car because he said he couldn't catch me at all. I blew his mind telling him I had probably 50hp less than him and weighed 400lbs more!

Here was the joint run group with D and C together. You will see a friend I made there in a BRZ at one point in the Vid. Props to him for taking it to the track right after break in!

Had to cut this session short because I was almost out of gas! Filled up before I got to the track that day and averaged 9.5MPG!

Now up to date! I just got a set of Fifteen52 Tarmacs in 17X9 to daily on so I can put NT01's on the Team Dynamics. Here are some shots of the test fitment:

well that is all i have now! going to Putnam again in 2 weeks for the last track day of the year. will post updates again after I get the Tarmacs on and that track day over!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Turbo27 is offline   Reply With Quote