Scooby Newbie

Member#: 259892
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2015 Forester
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olsen View Post
I've asked once before (many moons ago) and never got any responses. For those of you that have installed these, how did you actually do it?

I'm looking for tips on getting it to cleanly follow the edge of the trunk lid, keeping it centered, did you peel off all the cover on the adhesive at once, or did you do it gradually as you installed the spoiler, etc etc.

Thanks!
When I installed mine I had another person help me out. I first washed the car, and then went a step further and cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol just in case. Then I lined the spoiler up with the red lining still on and just eyeballed how much space should be left on each side to look even.

Then I laid down the spoiler slowly, guiding it with my thumb on the back of the trunk (see in the pics above how it has a little lip, my thumb was under that and flat against the back of the trunk). As i was laying down the spoiler, I had someone else pull back the red lining while holding it up so it wouldn't accidentally stick to the truck.

The spoiler itself is really flexible, so it can curve anyway you want it. I am very satisfied with how the spacing and position turned out, especially by just eyeballing it. Some may measure, but I didn't.

Hope this helps for anyone looking to install one! I am very happy with the purchase, and for $49 painted AND shipped, you can't beat it! Thanks again to the original post!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Rhefqab is offline   Reply With Quote