Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326971
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXNItUp View Post
I thought about doing in this in the past also. I assume you are connecting to the Airport via Wifi to be able to use Airplay. While are you connected, are you able to use your phone for data, or does it time out on everything since the Airport is not connected to the internet?

Nice write up!
Good question. You're right -- guests must login to the WiFi network before Airplay works. This is a quick and painless step though since I don't require a password.

Also good observation with the cellular data question. As it stands, iOS always prioritizes WiFi connections over Cellular. Since the AE doesn't have access to the internet, your iDevice will be useless at accessing the internet... unless you change the AE's settings. I plugged the AE into my computer and messed around with the router settings and made sure it didn't have an internet gateway address. This works great and it allows Airplay to co-exist with cellular data requests. I'll post a screen shot later with the router settings I used. It's an easy, but necessary step.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by enjoiful; 10-01-2012 at 06:28 PM.
enjoiful is offline   Reply With Quote