Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269722
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXLTD View Post

3) Don't speed alone. I usually wait for a "rabbit" to pass me, then stay in his shawdow. This way you mostly just look in your review mirror for cops coming from behind.
This is my main defense against tickets. Was going up to my in-laws winter place in VT and was keeping about 1/4 mile or so behind a big tricked out truck that was doing 90 on Rt 91 north. Barely saw a VT statie behind a snowbank I went by and immediately slowed down. He pulled up behind me for a second before passing me and hitting the lights to pull over the truck. Knocked it back down to 65 and ended up passing another statie behind a snowbank a few miles later. Felt like I dodged a bullet on that one since I think I was an idiot and was procrastinating on re-registering my car.

Now that my car has the MPG meter on the dash and I have a 100 mile round trip commute to work, that is keeping me at the speed limit and in the right hand lane for almost all of my driving. It also has the side benefit of making my commute much less stressful without having to be pissed at the jackholes doing 66 in the left hand lane.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
JustMatt is offline   Reply With Quote