Scooby Newbie

Member#: 224197
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2015 435ix GC
Imperial Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate_fisher View Post
Skip the inlet get a downpipe and a etune for the best bang for your buck.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the suicidal eggroll View Post
1) Seems fine
2) Skip the turbo inlet
3) Very likely

Does your $2k budget include regular maintenance, or just mods? Depending on how much and how hard you drive, 2 years could mean 6 oil changes, a new set of tires, and a new set of brakes...and there goes the majority of your $2k budget.
Thanks. This is a 2k for improvement budget, not $2k available in total for the car. I'll be spending money on oil changes, air filters, possibly brakes, winter tires, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacalhau16 View Post
Your goals seems pretty legitimate. You have the right idea with getting a tune. It should be one of the first things you do. Adding the Downpipe will void your warranty, so Thats up to u. I've been stage 2 on my 2011 for about 14k miles now with no issues. Take care of your car and it will take care of you.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMax View Post
$80 Turbo blanket. Reduce heat soak, improve throttle response, reduce turbo lag

$120 for a more aggressive alignment. Crank in the camber, especially up front.

$80 for Stoptech pads. Better bite.

$90 STI 19mm sway bar.
I figured that I'd try the do-it-yourself turbo wrap. At <$40 I considered that in the noise as far as costs go, but thanks for reminding me.

Thanks for the brake pad advice. I've never installed my own but I would like to this time. My last car I traded in @ 45k miles and the pads were still solid, but maybe these ones won't last as long...

Man I forgot about the sway bar. That's a must have for me actually. The body roll seems to be better than on my old Impreza.

Thanks guys
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
epistax is offline   Reply With Quote