View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Element Tuning
Former Vendor

Member#: 54918

It's not classified but the Hydra has 1032 load cells for the intake and 1032 load cell for exhaust cam. What exactly do you want to know?

Regardless the Hydra speaks in a different language so the "range" I tune in is -64 to +64 so it will not correlate into very useful data.

Now it takes knowledge, time, patience, and a customer willing to pay for the time to optimize. You basically try to get the most bottom end power, then you try to get the most top end power. At this point you converge the two and you likely end up with some ugly dyno plot. It's at this point you start blending and building a good powerband.

I was actually able also to make more low RPM power, which it's already exceptional, but it had some driveability issues (hesitation, bog..zing). In the end you have to compromise.

In all honesty the dual AVCS setup from Subaru is stupid and is designed for fuel economy. If I had the time I would completely design my own cams so dual AVCS could be tuned logically on these engines. I know they are capable of this as the FRS/BRZ I've been tuning are setup much more so this way (nice big exhaust cam that doesn't even move until higher up in the RPM range).
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Element Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote