NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
just be careful with the BRZ in snow. judging from your list of cars, you definitely aren't new to RWD but just keep in mind that the BRZ has no weight to it. just like my S2000 (your has a lot less than what i had) it can be a bit challenging. but i get where you are coming from, my S2000 was my crazy girlfriend. I had nightmares about wrecking it. rain, snap over steer, snow, blown-up parts a lot of ways to kill me.
haha! Thanks. At 28 I think I'm finally ready to drive more responsibly and defensively. I've been practicing with the WRX. I'm pretty good at planning my routes to avoid steep hills and such. The car won't be used much beyond commuting to and from work.

My brain's weird because part of my hesitation with getting the 2012 Impreza was that I was done with Alaska beating up on my cars. Having an AWD Subaru, I've always volunteered my vehicle for doing everything, no matter the weather or time of day. Inevitably this banged up my WRX. I KNEW that if I got the 2012 Impreza I'd get it all banged up, too, and I just wanted a break from it, something I wouldn't be gung-ho about driving everywhere.

Eventually I'll talk my mom into the new Impreza, and my dad is looking to get one for his wife. My friends really want to get the Crosstrek, but they just bought a duplex, so that might not happen until Fall of 2013. If I pay off the BRZ in 2-3 years I would like to get a new Impreza, in hatch form. Probably a Base model so that I can spend the money on cosmetic mods.

I'd give it the Crosstrek front bumper and wheels.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is online now   Reply With Quote