CRUZTAKER
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269757
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX 5-door
WRB

Default Opinions regarding a CAI on a 2011 WRX please

Hello everyone. I haven't been very active on the site since I joined....but I haven't really done much aside from drive the tires off my 2011 WRX since I bought it in late 2010.

I am NOT a motor guy, nor have I followed the mod threads here.. So please be patient with my questioning.

I have a basically bone stock 2011 WRX premium with a Cat-Back Invidia exhaust. I also use the Cobb tuner purchased through a vendor on this site weeks after the aquisition of the car.

Recently I found that K&N now makes a CAI they claim fits my model year (69-8004TTK).
I made the hasty purchase when I found it for $250 free shipping through Amazon.

Now I am having some concern after speaking with a fellow with an STI I met at a restuarant a few nights back. He apparently did major damage to his motor after adding a CAI as a result of the fuel rails not keeping up with the new air flow (his words)....every thing after that is a blur. He may as well been speaking chineese at that point.

My question is: With my only mods being a cat-back exhaust and a cobb tuner...should I be concerned with modding the intake air?

I will indeed call the Cobb people tomorrow, but I would like the unbiased opinions of some of the experience mod guys here on this site as well.

Thanks in advance.

Barry in Cleveland.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CRUZTAKER is offline   Reply With Quote