Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232501
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
OBP(Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASTBOBDAM View Post
Lol, familiar with this? I'm well over due to get some control charts for my processes.

Jared, it's tools to help improve processes. In my case I work for a medical device company which manufactures things. I'm trying to improve the different processes to make them more efficient. Six sigma is a bunch of tools that help get you "lean". Some tools are value stream mapping( VSM), mistake proofing, 5S, fishbone diagrams, SIPOC, etc. on my phone in bed so too lazy to link, but check out Wikipedia they have some good explanations. Search "lean manufacturing" and "six sigma".
I worked for a company that tried to apply sigma shizz on us. Worked hard at their warehouse for 3 years and knew more than half of the senior team there. That stuff was just a bunch of bs to impress the higher ups and to try to squeeze more out of an over worked and under paid workforce.

I walked out at the end of the work week like if it was a normal work night and never returned. My decision to ignore their stupidity and leave, and even finish my remaining education has netted me an easier lifestyle with higher pay in a good company.

Please pay attention to your employees while implementing this crackpot system to make sure they arent being mistreated like I was.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.