Thread: fairfax,va meet
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #81
97_Leggy_GT
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 314376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pking5717 View Post
Thank you for the advice, I was in fact planning on the sway bars first so maybe I won't feel the need for those. This is an everyday driver for me so I don't feel the need to go too far with it.
Glad I could help. I've got Whiteline's 22mm adjustable up front and a 20mm adjustable in the rear, both on their softest setting, and the difference is night and day. If you DO go offroad with the car, I've noted a huge increase in NVH with stiffer bars, which I'm told really stresses your endlinks, so check their condition when installing and replace/upgrade if need be. I kept my stock ones with no problems as of yet.

I have also read that it is a good idea to consider the age of your struts when upgrading sway bars, regarding the bar putting extra load on the struts. I'm running stock struts/springs with 185K miles on them with no issues so far. Recently made the swap to '04 STi struts/springs, but I don't feel much of a difference in the handling, so it might not be necessary to upgrade them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syco_NoVa_sti View Post
so who all is going to hooters in fairfax on the 14th......or the meet at primetime on the 16th?? info for that meet is in the OP
I'm down for the 16th, provided I'm done working on my suspension and get time to wash & wax my baby by then.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
97_Leggy_GT is offline   Reply With Quote