Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333446
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SL CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nels0300 View Post
Well, I Iive in Minnesota, where you don't need 300 hp to have traction issues. I'm sure the CVT system works fine, but I like mechanical simplicity and proactive nature of the 50/50 viscous center diff setup. Even in dry conditions, all 4 wheels share engine braking/acceleration duties whereas the CVT's front tires carry almost all of the burden.
So under normal driving conditions (not bad weather) how can you even tell the difference? From test driving both manual and CVT imprezas I can't even tell it's an AWD vehicle so I would def have a hard time differentiating the different types of AWD systems they have.

What will the difference in performance be with bad driving conditions? Both systems appear to be able to direct the power where it's needed. I wonder if one of those bluetooth OBD II scanners can read what the CVT transmission is doing (since it is electronic after all).

I didn't start this thread as a war between which transmission people choose. I started it to see if other people noticed some slight weirdness with the 5MT on this car and if yes if they've grown accustomed to it and are happy with the car.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote