Old 10-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
KelConquer
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321498
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy W. EJ25
Black

Default 2.5 NA w/cat./straight pipe/muffler?

I've had plans on doing this for the passed week or so, I've searched Google and Nasioc and haven't been able to come up with any help. Probably just a stupid question, I'll admit that, I'm just not looking to damage my engine because the last thing I need right now is a new car

I'm looking to see what I'll get out of this before I do it. Now, I'm not looking for any hp increase or "amazing rumble". Over the passed few months my exhaust has been slowly acquiring holes randomly since it's the stock exhaust at 160k. It's becoming all rotted out and nasty.

Questions I have are:

Sound: What should I expect? I'm not looking for it to be any louder than an exhaust with a dime sized leak mid-way.

Size: I'm not sure what the exhaust size is on my 98 Legacy (limited). I can figure it out myself by dropping it (tried googling this aswell...) but if someone has the quick knowledge that'd be helpful.

Power: All I'm worried about concerning this is a loss in power (main concern is back pressure), my car suits my needs power-wise (when it doesn't have an exhaust leak...) so I'm not too worried about any gains. Although I wouldn't complain

Right now my exhaust consists of: Exhaust manifold, catalytic converter w/02 sensor, 2 additional catalytic converters, resonator, muffler. I'm looking to replace everything in bold with the stock sized straight pipe. Thanks for the help guys and again, my apologies if this is just a silly question. Every time I googled it was just people replacing their mufflers with straight pipe... meh.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by KelConquer; 10-06-2012 at 10:48 AM.
KelConquer is offline   Reply With Quote