Scooby Newbie

Member#: 330568
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
02 Wrx
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4bSpinnin
i would heat wrap it. Start at the bottom of the top and wrap up. For the uppipe, I would do 2 layers. Seal with silicone spray... or use titanium wrap which doesnt need to be sealed. Wrap the uppipe fairly tight, but not too tight. You'll need enough flexibility for the metal to expand/contract.
Thanks for the suggestion!

See i was thinking about it for some time and wasnt positive on what to do. Its quite pricey and I was under the impression that its the headers you really should heat wrap but the uppipe is kinda more optional.
Also with wrapping, I read its possible that the increased heat retention, in some cases, can accelerate metal fatigue, especially at weld joints.

If it makes a big difference or if it prevents melting of some surrounding components let me know and ill consider it more heavily because I was under the impression its designed well as is or would come wrapped on all uppipes. If I need it. I need it. But if not I may do it when i finally have a fixed car I can play with that doesnt NEED a lot of tlc
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubWrx13 is offline   Reply With Quote