View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #19
sc00by4life
Scooby Guru

Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
So realistically doing a full exhaust, tune, and intake pushing them too much outside of their supported parameters? I'm not a punk kid that has deep pockets but I want a fun quick car to drive. If those mods are seriously putting reliability at risks then I want no part of it. Getting more power out of a stock motor is something people from all brands/makes want to do no matter if you drive a sports car or a big 4X4 truck. I have a Ram that I have done exhaust and intake on and if I have an engine failure then I should buy a new engine according to a few people here. I don't see how those simple mods are pushing so much more power to cause a failure.
Nobody is saying that they WILL cause a failure, but that they CAN. ANY engine mod on ANY car has the ability to cause a failure.

Most people experience 0 problems, but theres a small percentage that do. The bottom line comes down to if you are worried about keeping your warranty, leave the car stock. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiled00dles View Post
It's HILARIOUS how people on this forum act when it comes to a MINOR mod and warranty, especially when it's just a tune that probably runs safer than the shi*** subaru tune.

Sure, subaru can deny it, but it's funny how people on here freak out about such a minor mod.
i would'nt consider modifying the ECU programing to be a "minor" mod, even though you might think so. With the stock "****ty" tune, subaru will fix their errors. Why even give them an excuse to deny it?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sc00by4life; 10-06-2012 at 11:40 PM.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote