Thread: Tune?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:31 AM   #19
Scooby Guru
Member#: 97135
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Originally Posted by GhostR1der View Post
So realistically doing a full exhaust, tune, and intake pushing them too much outside of their supported parameters? I'm not a punk kid that has deep pockets but I want a fun quick car to drive. If those mods are seriously putting reliability at risks then I want no part of it. Getting more power out of a stock motor is something people from all brands/makes want to do no matter if you drive a sports car or a big 4X4 truck. I have a Ram that I have done exhaust and intake on and if I have an engine failure then I should buy a new engine according to a few people here. I don't see how those simple mods are pushing so much more power to cause a failure.
Nobody is saying that they WILL cause a failure, but that they CAN. ANY engine mod on ANY car has the ability to cause a failure.

Most people experience 0 problems, but theres a small percentage that do. The bottom line comes down to if you are worried about keeping your warranty, leave the car stock. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by tiled00dles View Post
It's HILARIOUS how people on this forum act when it comes to a MINOR mod and warranty, especially when it's just a tune that probably runs safer than the shi*** subaru tune.

Sure, subaru can deny it, but it's funny how people on here freak out about such a minor mod.
i would'nt consider modifying the ECU programing to be a "minor" mod, even though you might think so. With the stock "****ty" tune, subaru will fix their errors. Why even give them an excuse to deny it?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sc00by4life; 10-07-2012 at 12:40 AM.
sc00by4life is offline   Reply With Quote