Old 10-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #225
Layvon
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 195711
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Well, Day two of motor being alive has been interesting. Trying to figure out why everything is so noisy on the exhaust side of things. Not the tail pipe either.

I'm thinking I have a combination of a leak (fish eye in a weld) and new exhaust ringing. Buddy suggested that it was new and that there isn't anything to stop the echoing, but my gut tells me otherwise. I hope he's right. My first thought was that it was the throwout bearing not clipped in and the fingers on the pressure plate hitting it, but I put a stethoscope on the bell housing and couldn't pinpoint it. I installed a ACT Streetlight flywheel and 6 puck clutch, so I was expecting some noise, but not this much.

In other news - I have an AEM Wideband, and am having one heck of a time getting it to communicate with romraider. Any tips?
**Edit - I was doing a couple investigations about the USB - Serial Adapter that I have, and it turns out that if you get a yellow ! and a code ten, it isn't any good. I've been trying to get hyperterminal to work and fighting it and it is a darn hardware problem. The worst kind. Thankfully Amazon came through in the clutch, and I'll have a good one here tuesday.**

Thanks fellas for reading my pleading for help.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Layvon; 10-07-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote