03svt04wrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 312352
Vehicle:
08 STi Rotated 30R
385 awhp in WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROCS04SBRUSTI View Post
this is very nice!check out the cleveland thread on mwsoc hope to see you sometime at a meet or 2.
For sure man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
That looks good, I am thinking about doing matte white on my car (it's DGM now).
Did you order the kit from dipyourcar.com? If so, how was the sprayer that came with it?

The videos on youtube make it look pretty easy, was it really that way? They show very little masking.

How much masking/disassembling of your car did you do?
I am wondering about the window trim (the rubberized parts), and the fender vents/etc. Did you mask those, remove them, or just peel away after you were done spraying?
Skip the white, this stuff holds dirt like crazy.
Ordered the dip and predip spray from them, the gun was $89 Wagner gun from Home Depot.
It was really easy.
I masked most of the glass and the grill/intercooler, also taped off the hood intake. I SHOULD have taped off more of the windows. It would have made clean up easier. Going half way up the black metal trim would be perfect. There is a perfect gap to use on my windshield for taping purposes. I didnt realize that until after I was done. I also taped off the black parts of the mirrors and the turn signals on the mirrors. I had tire covers, so I used though. I taped off the vents in the fenders and bumpers as well. Getting the dip off of the rubberized parts was a bit tedious. I didnt spray it on thick in those areas, which made it harder to remove. I did spray the lights and rear splitter. Those peeled right off, actually left the splitter cleaner than when i applied it. I removed the rear wing, that made life easier. Oh, and don't tape off the roof racks/drip rails. It will peel off real easy.
Hope that answers all of your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale2011WRX View Post
Cleveland, for the winter, working at a salt mine. Who'd you piss off?
Application looks really good. Interesting color choice, that's going to confuse the hell out of any subie-fans you run into.
Yeah a salt mine. It's my first engineering job. I actually want to work for this company (Cargill), just at a local facility. This was all they could offer me in the way of a co-op, for now. I'll be working at the local plant after school if this goes well.

It has went over really well with local subie guys. I had a guy in a Forrester stop me at a light and tell me that it was the prettiest color he's ever seen. He asked if it was factory. He didnt believe me when I told him it was plasti dip, done in my garage with a power sprayer, and only $200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Tuner_06 View Post
that really did turn out quite awesome man! big props!
Thanks sir.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
03svt04wrx is offline   Reply With Quote