PHATsuby
Scooby Guru

Member#: 13617
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2001 Legacy GT back
to stock is a project too

I am more annoyed than excited right now but:

Apparently don't underestimate the stupidity of the installer. I wasted nearly a year of my life tracking down a problem that didn't even exist. The issue was that when I attached the dash harness onto the dash and snapped it in where it should have been it put two plugs to the center of the dash where the head unit/hvac goes which is away from where they need to go. Finally looked at the diagrams and looked at the plugs and saw that the two unplugged plugs under the dash needed to plug into the two plugs that were in the center of the car. They definitely don't easily reach, either way I should have looked way before this, what's annoying is the fact that I feel like I had looked before and said to myself "i'll try that next time" then a lot of time passed and I forgot about it.

The gauges still don't dim for some reason but they at least work. I can now start to put the dash and such back together and should be able to drive the car. It will be too much to do today but assuming I can get down this next weekend I should be able to have the car finished and driving after next weekend.

Ben
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
PHATsuby is offline   Reply With Quote