Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #2642
Fade2black02
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309997
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Tire blew out. Need new full set. So this weekend while I was finding creative ways to pay for a new set without my wife killing me and/or breaking the bank, I went out and finally said "f it, i'll do it myself" and painted my wheels. Will look better when I get my car tinted; but I'm impressed with myself because I'm not a do-it-yourself guy at all, and I'm trying to fix that with this car.

The worst part is sanding it down...takes forever. And only being able to do 2 wheels a day because of my using 2 jacks. Word to the wise though, don't touch your wheels after the last clear coat for a day or 2. It's still very soft and I had to retouch a couple spots when the slightest boot mark while putting the wheels back on would scuff it up . Luckily it hasn't been driven in 4 days (and it's killing me) but upon a fresh wash today, the wheels were very well done and I'm quite pleased with the finished product.

And yes, I'm hiding the temp tire on the rear/driver. It looks so stupid and my car feels really, really naked with it on.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Fade2black02 is offline   Reply With Quote