Scooby Newbie

Member#: 166490
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFwrx View Post
Any of you guys running RCE "regular guys" springs on gtworx dampers? I'm very close to getting these springs and using them with the stocks struts until I can spend the money on gtworx. Anyone NOT like the ride/handling with this combo? And would anyone suggest getting the stockers re-valved to fit the RCE's better?
I'm running this set up. I don't think I really have any complaints as the ride is exactly what I was expecting; firm with a touch of give compared to the GTWorx and Yellows. It can get a little bumpy on uneven backroads and the dampers have the tendency to thud when you hit gaps in concrete at a good speed, but on 90% of roads they are great. I drive a lot of highway so it's a perfect application for me. With the upgraded sways and links I have, the weakest link is now the stock tires.

Hard to tell you whether to go with the GTWorx or revalve the stock dampers because I haven't tried both. I definitely wish I could take a ride in a car with dampers valved specific to the RCE blacks, however I would bet the difference in ride is subtle at best. In other words, if you'd be concerned about floating too much on a revalve, I don't think it'd be too soft for you.

My advice would be to find someone close by who's running the GTWorx and go for a ride. It's honestly the only way to know.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ying is offline   Reply With Quote