Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53066
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
work bum look a lot
alike, daddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathSStar View Post
The Ford 4.6 and 5.4 don't spit out plugs unless some GED drop-out tried to use an impact and cross-threaded them on installation. There are only a few threads for the plug so if you **** it up, you really screwed the pooch. Our Explorer with a 4.6 has 170k on it and runs like new. I'd buy a vehicle with that engine again in a heartbeat.

+1 on no V10...bad idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwagon View Post
Latest generation Pilot. Full bench middle row that can hold 3 car seats, 70/30 rear bench, plenty of comfort, few mechanical issues, tows pop ups, uhauls & boats up to 19' with no problems & gets 21-22 highway.

I have 3 kids + the hound, do weekend trips, pull my 18' center console all around the low country, have done the SC to MD trip 12+ times with the family... the car/truck is great.

We wanted a Tahoe or Yukon - but the crap shoot of what model year vs what problem vs the higher cost wasn't worth it.
I love this thread because it could have been written by me. I have an 04 Pathfinder that gets the job done...for now. We have a 9 month old and two dogs. The moment we have a second kid, or decide to take a long weekend at the beach with kid and dogs in tow, I know I'll be pushing hard for a full size SUV.

I've already started eyeing what I want. I do not need 4WD, but I tow a small trailer and ATV out to the hunting club, and the wife and I have talked about a boat in the future, or at least another ATV for her. I'm thinking Tahoe (09+), or 08+ Sequoia. If money were no object, I'd be looking at LX470s, and Land Cruisers - but the gas mileage on those is abysmal. The 09+ Tahoes have the cylinder deactivation at cruising speed, and get decent mileage - actually, BETTER mileage than my Pathfinder, which manages 15. Sometimes.

I love everything about the new Pilots except that I never ever ever see a man driving one. We live in the heart of soccer mom-ville, and Pilots seem to be the #1 choice of moms.

So, I'm subscribing to see what you come up with. And maybe, in a year or two, post what I bought
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Damn Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote