Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX-5dr-Limited
CBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAPPYDO View Post
Must not give in....

Must not!!!
Nice post, Scrappy. I agree with most of it. Last week, in one day i test drove a GTI, Focus ST, MS3, and a WRX (that order). My wife took a turn with each as well. Bottom line: both my wife and i would have been happy with any of them. The MS3 had by far the least linear power delivery, although it was a blast when the turbo kicked in. It was the least refined, but also the cheapest.

The GTI was definitely the slowest, and also the smallest, but it has a great interior from the driver's seat. The Focus had a bigger hatch area in square footage, but was NOT deep (that's where i disagreed with your description). Overall, my wife agreed it'd be much less useful than a MS3 or WRX hatch. I LOVED the sound of the ST, and the clutch was decent (we both preferred the GTI and WRX). The ST we drove caught VERY low, whereas the the MS3 caught VERY high.

The WRX had a smooth clutch, and a nice stable, smooth ride. I preferred the feel of it, along with it's power delivery. So i placed an order the next day for a WRX. I was very close to buying the ST, though, especially at XPlan pricing for an ST2.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
psupunk is offline   Reply With Quote