10-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Upstate NY
2015 WRX CVT
Most of the issues indicated above seem to be affecting only a few cars.
- Check your tire pressure, as they are probably overinflated.
- Buy snow tires, you are in Denver (though the OEM worked fine for me last winter in a couple of small storms, I just bought snow tires/rims)
- Check your oil, you probably won't see the oil light come on, but if it consumes oil, which it probably won't, top it off. I would also either do your own oil change or make sure your dealer knows not to overfill the crankcase and that they use the correct oil when they fill it.
- Read about different theories -- how to break in the engine and seat the rings. I would not baby it completely, nor run it up to the red line.
- Winter is coming, your MPG's will dive a bit, especially with winter blends. Don't fret, wait until spring, after break-in, and with the non-winter blend fuels, to really get an idea of the MPG this car will provide.
Last edited by Zeeper; 10-10-2012 at 09:16 AM.