delongedoug
Scooby Guru

Member#: 124113
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elirentz View Post
Just looking at the results thus far this season and I noticed a couple of things.

People like to bash Bruno Senna as not being a good driver but he's out raced Maldonado 10-5. If it weren't for ET's one-off win he would be absolutely crushing him in the points. I think if he could just get more out of the car in qualifying he'd be doing well. He's got good race-craft. Unfortunately he'll most likely lose his seat next season.

The other thing is how amazing Kimi has done so far. Only one race without points. The only driver in the top 6 to not have won, the rest have two or more wins. Yet he's third in the championship. This is why it really doesn't matter that he's terrible at interviews and press functions.
I'll agree with you on Kimi, he's been almost as consistent as Alonso which has kept him up near the top of the leaderboard without ever standing atop the podium.

I really root for Bruno but he simply doesn't have it. He'll set some fastest laps on lap 40 of a GP when he's in 17th, but that's about it. You can say "If it weren't for ET's one-off win he would be absolutely crushing him in the points" and I could also say "If it weren't for a couple final lap crashes he would be obliterating Bruno in the points". ET should have triple the points he has right now. Think about the points he lost in Australia, Valencia and Singapore where he qualified on the front row and Bruno 17th. Only once has Bruno made it to Q3, compared with 8 for ET (maybe more as I'm not sure if "grid spot" on F1.com includes any penalties, though I suspect it does). That teammate battle isn't remotely as close as the points total would indicate.

Then again, he does appear to go backwards quite often, and destroy my fantasy picks:

http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2012/869.html

http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/2012/845.html
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
delongedoug is online now   Reply With Quote