some points for you to learn from me since i bought mine last october with 72/mo finance...
1) you're wanting the 72 months because of the lower monthly payment
- i got mine at 4.9% with a decent (not anywhere near perfect) credit score
2) buying it at invoice is a moot point. you don't want to put all of your $6k down because you have to understand there are some extra costs your way. knowing the average sti owner, you'll mod it within the first year.
- if you buy it now, you'll get stock summer tires, but need all-season/winter tires (Conti DW/S - $900)
- if you get clear bra ($600+ at a shop or 800 at the dealer)
- you'll get window tint ($100+ at the shop or $350+ at the dealer)
- gap insurance from the dealer ($200-400)
- if you get an after market alarm ($400-600)
- Cobb AP v2 for the times you get angry in S# ($400 used to $550 new)
- your insurance rate will go up
- Boost gauge and oil pressure gauge ($300+)
If you can roll without the car payment and liability insurance, I would agree like all the others and grab a 98 RS for $5k and go 300k+ miles like my buddy in WA. You just have to make sure you can afford it.