Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Default update 10/10/12 - Week 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by junlee View Post
;( i'm driving a dying cobalt that is going to keep needing money put into it unless i get my impreza next month
Yeah, I feel for you. I don't know what's worse, riding a bicycle to work or driving a car that keeps needing repairs. Both hurt in the long run, but at least on my bike I don't have to pay for gas, insurance and repairs... I just have to deal with the elements and everything else that goes along with riding a bike to work.

Update time, folks! So I called Grand Subaru today and talked to Joe again. Last week he said to call back in a week, and guess what? Same story again this week. No new info, no vin, nothing. Just call back in a week and hopefully it will be in the system by then...

My co-worker and I already nailed down a great OTD price for the car that includes tax, title & registration, etc.. SO when I do finally get my car, I don't think it's all that unfair to go in there with some hard numbers for the extended warranty (if I buy it) and my financing (my credit is exceptional) and if they don't come close, I'll just get my deposit back and get up and leave. I've had enough. I've waited just as long, if not longer than a lot of people on these forums and the rest of the country, and never do I b!tch about it to the dealer or Subaru. I'm always courteous and reasonable. Not once have I yelled at anyone or given them a hard time.

I may seem irrational to some, but I don't care. The dealer told me 6-8 weeks, and at this point it's going to be at least 11. I don't have a clue as to why they would flat out lie to me because SoA has always told me 8-12 weeks. This may seem normal for dealers because it's in their nature to lie to the customer, but I won't stand for it. You (the dealer) lie to me and you're going to either a) give me a once-in-a-lifetime deal on said car, or b) you're going to lose me and everyone else that I know for life as a customer. I could care less about your commission and shipping times or whatever other excuses they make for the delay. I'm seriously tempted right now to just go and order the same car at another dealer or two and see which one gets it first.

Before anyone posts it, I don't buy the line from any dealer that says that's how long Impreza's took in the past (6-8 weeks), because that's a lie too. The 2012 models took the same 8-12 weeks, so there's no reason a salesman should continue to mislead people on purpose.

Sorry about the rant. I know a lot of you are still waiting too.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote