Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2010 Genesis 4.6
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Looks like he's selling/sold it:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2416469

OP, why sell such a beautiful car only to put yourself into massive debt (for 6 years!) by buying a new one?! If your current STI is paid off, just enjoy it; if it's not, pay it off or sell it and use the proceeds to pay cash for a cheaper car. What you're talking about doing makes no sense.

EDIT: You posted while I was typing, so I'll just respond here. I guess what's done is done, BUT -- 707 is a fine credit score. The evidence of that is the fact that you were just able to finance for 72 months at an awesome rate. You can buy a house just fine with a 707 credit score. What matters most when buying a house is how much CASH you have on hand when you buy, and what your debt-to-income ratio is. So while you could be banking $500 a month to buy that house, now you will be forking over $500 a month to pay for a depreciating asset while having a higher debt-to-income ratio. Buying a new car is the LAST thing you should do if you're considering buying a house. I speak from experience, having purchased two houses now.

Maybe it's not too late to back out!
Your credit tier also matters a lot.

I have excellent credit for instance, but at a very low tier, to purchase a house right now, I'd probably be able to buy an STI cash with the money I'd spend in extra interest on the house because I don't have a high enough credit tier.

And with all that said, money isn't everything, if owning and driving a newer, for him more practical STI is worth $500 a month, who are we to say he shouldn't.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
TheViking85 is offline   Reply With Quote