Tarpley219
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 297676
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2009 360whp WRX
E85

Default 09 WRX Power Window Problem

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct section.

I drive an 09 wrx and I recently got new door speakers for my birthday. Kicker DS series.

While I was at class my brother installed the new door speakers. They are just kicker speakers, nothing to special just plug and play as far as I was concerned.

When I got home he told me he thinks he blew a fuse because my power windows no longer worked. Checked the fuse and it was ok. He then informed me he didn't unplug the battery either during the install.

After some investigating and looking around we couldn't figure out what was wrong, there is a click noise that happens 20-30 seconds it seems like, and when it happen my rpms drop maybe a couple 100 for half a second then come back up and if my dome light is on it dims for a half second when it clicks. Along with my day time running lights.

If I am holding all of the window buttons down on the drivers side when the click happens only the front passenger window rolls down but just for that half a second during the click then it stops. Not sure if its some kind of relay or ground wire or something else.

I figured I'd post on here before my next step which would be taking it to the dealership at my brothers expense. If anyone has any idea on what could be wrong or knows how to fix it I'd greatly appreciate it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tarpley219 is offline   Reply With Quote