Thread: ('11+) Ordering Impreza 2013
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #66
MaxCarnage
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334249

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsa13

I would have ordered a Sport Premium with almost all the same options as you in a '13 model for the same reason (leather shift knob and steering wheel) BUT, they don't let you put a moonroof on the Sport Premium. I don't know why, but they just don't.

So, I opted to go with the Premium, and I'll buy the cross bars separately. No biggie. Really the only differences from the Premium and the Sport Premium are two tenths of an inch of ground clearance, the sport badge on the back, the seat material and floormats, and the built-in roof rack. I can always buy the badges and mats if I want, the seat material I could care less about, and I already addressed the roof rack. It's rather easy to get more ground clearance as well. Two tenths of an inch is not something 99.99% of people will notice. Don't get me wrong, I would have ordered a Sport myself, but no moonroof.
I wanted the sport cuz I like the sport wheels, fog lights, mats, awp (at the time I ordered the premium didn't get it without having to pay extra), and I think the sport also gets a rear sway bar that the regular premium doesn't. I really didn't need the roof racks but I might end up using them later. I wouldn't have minded getting a moonroof but I really didn't care and that adds extra weight as well. The premium sport has only 1 option besides accessories and that's the popular package: all weather mats, home link, rear cargo tray, seat back protectors and bumper top protector. I got that cuz my cousin works at Subaru (autobody) and got that to me for free. The only option I wanted and couldn't get was auto climate control. No biggy though way happy overall. Or at least I will be once I get it lol.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MaxCarnage is offline   Reply With Quote