Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
I wanted the sport cuz I like the sport wheels, fog lights, mats, awp (at the time I ordered the premium didn't get it without having to pay extra), and I think the sport also gets a rear sway bar that the regular premium doesn't. I really didn't need the roof racks but I might end up using them later. I wouldn't have minded getting a moonroof but I really didn't care and that adds extra weight as well. The premium sport has only 1 option besides accessories and that's the popular package: all weather mats, home link, rear cargo tray, seat back protectors and bumper top protector. I got that cuz my cousin works at Subaru (autobody) and got that to me for free. The only option I wanted and couldn't get was auto climate control. No biggy though way happy overall. Or at least I will be once I get it lol.
I forgot about the gunmetal grey rims on the sports. I read over all the specifications I could find about the 5-door Impreza's and this is what I found in the '13 Impreza brochure from Subaru.com regarding suspension.
Suspension: 4-wheel independent. Front: MacPherson strut type. Rear: Double-wishbone. Front and rear stabilizer bars. (2.0i: Front stabilizer bar only).
So, all models except the base model seem to have both a front and rear stabilizer bar. Also, two minute differences between your sport and my premium are that for some reason, the navigation package is not an option for the Sport Premium (it IS an option for the Premium) and because I ordered the fog light kit I get chrome bezel surrounds for my fog lights, the Sport Premium does not have the chrome trim around the fogs.

I got the AWP, fogs, moon roof, alloy wheel package (overall I like the 15-spoke rims a tad more than the rims on the sports), roof spoiler, and auto-dimming mirror with compass. I really wanted the sport premium, but at the time I didn't know about the leather wrapped steering wheel and leather shift knob on the '13's and I really had to have the moon roof. Overall, there's only 1 thing the sports have that I couldn't get upon delivery (besides the upholstery), and that was the two tenths of an inch height increase. I found a website that sells the sport rims, roof rack, badges, and floor mats that make the sport models unique.

For me what it came down to at the time was this. Either I buy a Premium with a moon roof and the options I wanted or I lose the moon roof (and leather steering wheel and shift knob at the time) and get a Sport Premium. For me the choice was easy. It was cheaper to buy the premium and add-in the Sport options I wanted after the fact than to lose the moon roof and leather options at the time. Additionally, had I purchased the Sport Premium with everything I wanted and had the dealer or other party install a moon roof post-delivery it wouldn't be the same as having it from the factory. If I ever had warranty problems or problems with the moon roof Subaru might try to fight me or the dealer might give me a line, and in the end I'm not willing to deal with the extra headache that it might cause.

Oh, and if you want to sell your roof rack, I call dibs!

I'm sure we will both be very happy when our cars finally arrive. Oh, and I am pretty jealous that you have that hook-up with your cousin for the popular package! I'd like to get free stuff for knowing someone!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by arsa13; 10-11-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: added info
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote