lifwanian
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 232497
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
02 WRX
WRB

Default Got robbed. May have caught the person - Need input

So I got robbed 2 weeks ago. Had all of my important stuff in a backpack, including a macbook pro, years of work, camera equipment, many other electronics, etc. All taken from a friend's car.

Anyways, I found an exact macbook pro for sale on craigslist the next day. To the specs. And, that ram and hard drive sizes do not come standard. The ad itself is sketch, saying leave a number and we'll call you. We use a friend's email address, get a number, and I text asking for information, but get no reply. I end up texting saying its a police matter and the woman texts saying there's no macbook pro, and its the wrong number. Then 10 minutes go by without a reply, and she calls me accusing me, and saying she posted in the wrong state and is in fact selling a macbook pro. She's from another state on the other side of the US, which checked out according to her number. So I brush it off and let it go.

She then takes the ad immediately off.

Then, a week goes by, and I find the same computer on craigslist in the state above. We use another email, and it turns out its her again.

So, what should I do? I dont have the serial number, since I bought it from somebody used, however, I know how it looks like. I've spent more time on it than anything else, considering I used it for work, and I know where the little scratches and dings are. A police report has been filed, but lets be real, they wont do anything other than call her and ask if she stole it....

The way I see it, even if I meet her, and it is in fact mine, what can I possibly do to prove that it is (was) mine?

Thanks for reading guys!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
lifwanian is offline   Reply With Quote