Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazodores View Post
Anyone got comparison photos of the 2013 impreza with and without the side body moldings and front lip? Do they improve the looks noticeably?
2012 Impreza Pictures Thread
The exteriors of the 2012 and 2013 are identical. Personally I don't see the point in the body side moldings, but there are many who do like the way they make the car look. For me, I don't care, and with the snow I get in my area of the country, I'm not going to invest more money into something that could potentially break off in a big storm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCarnage View Post
Yeah my bad it was the rear stabilizer bar I was thinking of but according to your above post I think it's just the base that only gets the front. I didn't know about the leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob either, I was just hoping for some extras over the 12' model year. Generally I avoid the first year of a new design to see reviews and let the manufacturer make necessary changes. The only exterior thing I don't like on these cars are the ugly mirrors! Really wish they weren't so huge and just hideous lol. At least they are very functional, love the no blind spots! And I'm sure I will make use of the roof rack when I get back into mountain biking! I Agree on the aftermarket moonroof. I would never install one, I hear lots of leaking issue stories.

When I get mine in I will throw up a pic. Might be snowing by then lol.
No, you're right about the leather steering wheel and shift knob in the '13 Sport Premium, I just didn't know about it 3 months ago when I went to the dealer.

My lucky number is 13, so I had to have a 2013. I specifically ordered a '13 just to have this model year. I avoided a similarly specked '12 right on the lot to order the '13. I also try to avoid new models of almost any product for the same reason- to work out the kinks. Anyone remember the AMD Athalon XP's and how they'd go up in smoke?

Personally I just don't look at the mirrors. What I don't care for on the hatchback of the new Impreza is the boxiness of the rear end. It just looks wrong to me. My wife agrees, so I know I'm not the only one.

I will order the roof carrier bars next year and install them when I start biking outside again. Just wanted to get you an easy sale in case you chose to get rid of the roof rack. Personally I like the fact that I can relatively easily install and remove the roof rack at will on the Premium. It doesn't look the same as on the Sport models, but imo it makes the car much easier to wash without them!

Hope you get your Sport Premium soon! I absolutely hate this waiting game. I have the money... Let me pay you Subaru... Hint, hint!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by arsa13; 10-11-2012 at 03:13 AM.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote