Scooby Newbie

Member#: 88924
Vehicle:
2007 Tribeca Limited
05 LGT (98 LGT, 88 Justy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Drift View Post
<snip>

We all want an STI in a suit, but it is hard to create profitably. (But I think they should still build it).

<snip>

I have always thought that the Legacy should battle publicly with the A4, 325xi, G37X, etc. Pay some magazines to compare them and show the Subaru is the alternative for people who can afford more. It needs to stop being an Altima alternative and move up to where AWD sedans are appreciated and paid for.
I agree with these comments:

I DO want an STI in a suit. The Impreza STI has been a little too boy-racer for me, though the latest versions have been looking more mature. I still like the maturity of the Legacy over the Impreza.

Re: A4/325/G37 comment: That's what I really like about the '05-09 Legacy - it aspired towards up-market, but the '10+ shifted back towards Camry/Accord. That's probably another reason for lost interest in the GT (that, and the cable-operated shifter, and the non-sporty looks, and little marketing (aside from the hood-scoop ad), and...).

So, SOA Blog, here's what I think happened: the '05-09 models pushed the boundaries of near-luxury, bringing Legacy buyers upmarket, then the Legacy back-pedaled and moved back down-market, Legacy buyers didn't want to move back down-market, so we then started looking at Audi & BMW instead of following the Legacy back down.

The downside for us enthusiasts still in the Subaru fold is that mainstreaming the Legacy has been rather successful for bringing in new buyers, meaning that Subaru will probably continue that trend.

Can we bring back the SVX? or produce the B11S? Oh, forget it. Just give us an 8-seat minivan.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Sub!eDr!ver is offline   Reply With Quote