Old 05-04-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
Chrisnonstop
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13083
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Sedan
Silver

Default 17" Rota Attack & 225/45-ZR17 Yokohama's - Review

Well I finally got my rim and tire package taken car of. I went with 17" Steel/Gray Rota Attack's wrapped in 225/45-17 Yokohama AVS ES 100's. First off, this is one wicked looking setup. I didn't realize until I had them on just how much cooler rims and low profile tires make your car look. Within hours of having them on I was getting compliments.

Handling: Theres really only one way to describe it....AWESOME! This is the way the car should have come from the factory. All that nonsence about the WRX not being able to pull high G's on the skidpad, went out the door after the stock wheels and rims came off the car. This car feels like it's on rails. It's simply amazing. Just a side note...I do have Eibach pro-kit springs installed. Those made a huge difference when I had the stock wheels and tires on. I'm sure they compliment my new package equally as much.

Ok, with that said, I do have one small complaint. On dry ground I notice that the car excellerates a TAD bit slower than before. My top end is just shy of what it used to be as well. Don't get me wrong, it's minimal, but was enough to notice. In the rain however, it was more noticeable. I'm assuming this is due to my wider tires giving a bigger contact patch. Also, I'm guessing the overall weight is more than the stock set up. I did weigh the Rota rims and they were right at 16lbs.

Well, I strongly suggest this set up or something like it to anyone that enjoys driving in the twisties
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chrisnonstop is offline   Reply With Quote