View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 02:50 PM   #10
NotFast
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 10119

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaty
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...&threadid=1069

When you say the flair got messed up do you mean the nut that pushes in the flair or the flair on hard line end is FUBAR? If it's the line flair itself then you are gonna need another line I guess.

If it were me I'd first call around to a good brake shop and ask if they can bend you a new line or repair it. Or check with an on line vendor. Jamie may be able to help you out, getting something fast.
That writeup looks good, but my problem would have probably happened even if I had read it before... argh! to me for trying to DIY this and having problems (although I had no problems with the other rear line, probably because I learned from my mistakes (and maybe because the Liquid Wrench had several hours to sit while I was fighting with the first line)...

By what's FUBAR'd, I mean the flare nut that is attached to the end of the hard line itself (the part you grab with the flare nut wrench to undo it). I'd think that they could cut it off and install another one, but I also think the line would have to be dry, which is probably another PITA on their part.

I'm going to call around brake shops Monday; I can't imagine anyone who answers the phone at a shop is going to understand my question, but we'll see. I'll update this thread so people can learn a little more...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NotFast is offline   Reply With Quote