rkramer
Scooby Guru

Member#: 118209
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Limitec

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv4psi View Post
There is absolutely no reason I need to talk to TiC first, unless it was to see if they could get me a better price on the Rallispec gears. Unlike half the people on this forum, I know what I want from my car, and how I want to go about getting it. I don't need constantly spoon fed.
You aren't quite understanding what people are telling you... If Tic sells rallyspec gears, doesn't matter that you can get a better price. If you DO bring in your own gearset, they will make up any difference in price and then some to install your parts. Again, do you give the chief at the steakhouse the steak you bought at a butcher?

That is assuming they will even touch your gears... lots of shops will not do an install like this with gears you brought in yourself, as they can't offer any warranty any more, and risk getting a bad name. (much like the food example above, not many restaurants would grill up your steak, and if they did, they would just charge you the menu price anyway) So yes, the FIRST thing you want to do is start calling around. Talk to them, see what gears they offer, and then ask if you can bring in your own if they don't have what you are looking for. Ordering gears first is a really bad choice.

*disclaimer, found a restaurant in key largo last week that advertizes for people to bring in whatever fish they caught that day and they will grill it up. So that is probably the one exception in the nation!)
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
rkramer is offline   Reply With Quote