Old 10-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #189
Tonyturkey716
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 307879
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
SWP

Everyone's input here is right in their own sense and point of view. Most of us if not all of us did stupid things when we first started to drive. My first car was/is a 2000 Acura TL ( 3.2L V6 225HP) while it is only a FWD car it still had enough to get me in trouble. Even if I was mature a young individuals mindset is to go fast.

Compared to a lot more of my friends and people I went to school with I was mature for my age. I had my fair share of stupid moments and going fast but you live and learn as you get older and learn from mistakes.

While I may only be 21 I have definitely gotten more experience behind the wheel bust still nowhere near an expert. I have respect for the car and the road and while we all like to go fast we need to know the limits and refrain from being pressured into doing something.

As much as I always wanted to move into something bigger and better and while my first car was less of a beater than others, I have to work for my next car and will be purchasing a WRX in March for graduation present .

Like others have said, parents should get their kids a used car that they can get used to and learn from and when they can afford it they can buy something they truly want because they will be more grateful rather than being given something and it will be much more rewarding knowing that you have worked so hard for such a great reward.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.