Scooby Guru

Member#: 22412
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Legacy 2.5GT
Ice Silver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabre1200 View Post
Btw my car is running a TP stage 2 map with a Perrin dp. From what I've read a very probably cause of the squeaking noise could be that the entire clutch assembly is coming unwelded from the firewall
Well - taking a car in modified like that to a dealer and looking for warranty work on the powertrain probably wasn't a great idea... I take it you can't do the work yourself? (I haven't read up on how the issue is addressed - the clutch isn't welded to the firewall, so I am not sure what you mean - the clutch master cylinder shouldn't be, either - it's held in place with 2 bolts... there's nothing under there which could be loose/creaking? have you tried checking all the nuts/bolts on the linkage by the clutch pedal (including the two which hold the linkage to the firewall) to make sure they are tight, as well as making sure the bolts holding the clutch master to the firewall are tight?

Did you not realize the implications of modifying the car in terms of what it would mean for your powertrain warranty?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DrD is offline   Reply With Quote