Scooby Guru

Member#: 140444
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
05 Stage Free LGT
ATP 3076, 6MT, AVO FMIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.804 View Post
2.2 60ft is slow for an AWD vehicle. Do some research on how to properly launch or send me a PM and I can review with you my technique on the stock turbo that always worked well and consistant for me.
Any chance you could post it here for more of us to learn from?

I have a couple of techniques depending on the track, but I'm still looking for other ideas.

If the track will allow rear wheelspin, I'll set DCCD completely open, rev to about 5k, then simultaneously lift quickly off the clutch ("like you just stepped in dog **** by mistake" as one guy here put it) and floor the throttle. Almost a clutch dump, but not quite, as I really don't want to break an axle and I am pretty sure I have enough torque to do that. Basically I spin the rear wheels instead of slipping the clutch. I've done my best launches this way (1.6, 1.7, and maybe even a 1.38 but that was probably just a timing glitch). But launching this way depends a lot on the track.

If the track is too sticky for wheelspin, I rev to 4000, hold it, then floor it and release the clutch just slowly enough to avoid bogging. That's gotten me consistent 1.8s. I haven't tried blipping the throttle yet to build boost but I am sure it would help. When I get more consistent with this simpler approach I'll try adding the throttle blips.

I prefer the wheelspin approach because replacing tires is less work than replacing clutches. And I'm more consistent with it, even though I have a lot more practice with the clutch-slip approach.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote