Scooby Newbie

Member#: 294169
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2008 STi
Spark Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sysfailur View Post
Looks nice but there's no way I could justify $9000 or w/e it cost to get that full varis kit. **** aint cheap!
Definitely not cheap but also definitely not $9k haha. This particular variation of the kit was about half that. These parts might be costly, but quality and originality are priceless

Here's a picture that made it's way onto the front page of the Varis Official Website (varis.co.jp). It has since been replaced by one of iND's cars, but it was definitely cool to see the respect coming straight from Varis, themselves.

Subaru Sti on Varis x Original Runduce Collaboration Aero Kit by synth19, on Flickr

Also, by a stroke of very excellent fortune, I came into ownership of another set of wheels. A very rare limited edition set of Volk TE37SL in prototype blue. One of the first sets in the country in this color, the only set in this sizing, and the FIRST set in this color on a Subaru (some Evo X guy beat me to it for first in North America). These wheels were absolutely beautiful and it was a great way to close out the car show season for 2012. The wheels have since been sold, but not before helping me take 2nd place at Another Level Carshow. Because of the change in color scheme, the car had to go sans vinyl for the show. I felt completely naked and boring without the graphics, but the car still held its own against some stiff competition

I would have kept them, but I've got some big plans for next year and these wheels just won't work with what I've got in mind.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by DrKelso; 10-13-2012 at 04:47 PM.
DrKelso is offline   Reply With Quote