Layvon
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (120)

Member#: 195711
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
STi 04/05/06/07
JBP / OBP for now

Well, as promised, I said I'd do a little review of the install for you guys. These rails went into my STi without a hitch. Granted, I do have all the stock stuff out already, but the entire start to finish of this project was about 20 min. I had a leaky AN fitting, and so I needed to take the rails off. Bryan and I had been PM'ing back and forth, and he asked if I could document a little about what I had to do for the install.

First thing you have to do is put the rubber piece in the TGV housing. she just falls in.

My picture showing the injectors sitting there turned out to be blurry as all get out. So I apologize for that. Basically all you have to do is put the two blue anodized washers on the bottom of the injector and feed it into the black ring. This is when I also plugged my clips in. At this point, lubricate the top injector o-ring, and the fuel rail hole. They dont snap in, so don't bother trying to hear a audible noise

Grab your fuel rail and get it over the front injector and use your bottom two fingers to guide the injector into the hole, same thing for the back.

Once sitting on the injectors, grab one of the allen bolts and get it started. I had issues with the back ones both times, so I started with the front. You cannot fit a 3/8" 6mm socket in there freely. This was my one complaint about these fuel rails. I was able to get it in there, but it wasn't 100% seated into the allen. I hand tightened with a allen key for both, then got the last 1.5 turns with the socket before checking to see how the injector looked.

You can see how the little blue oring is compressed. This is good. There is another oring up in the fuel rail as well. Take a look at the top of this page at the FIC logo.

tighten on fittings on either end, and test er out... I got lucky and the AN fitting was the culprit. 45psi as planned and no leaks on the rails / injector!
Make sure to let pumps prime for a while to get air out of system. I had drained the surge tank, so I had to cycle the key a few times to get the lifter pump to fill the tank up.

Overall, I think this is about as easy as it gets for STi guys switching to top feed. Install difficulty is a 3/10 if you have the stock system out already. If you have to start the day by gutting the old system out, expect to spend about 5-8 hours on this with a buddy if you have to make up lines and AN fittings.

One thing to note - these come with -6 male fittings. I already had -8 lines running to the rails, so I bought some -8AN / -8 ORB fittings and everything was hunky dory.

Any Questions, holler!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Layvon is offline   Reply With Quote