Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #2293
bradleyrgme
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 334324
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Base
Dark Gray Metallic

I ordered a DGM 2013 WRX base on 8/30 from Stohlman in northern VA/DC area with the following options:

-SPT boost gauge
-short throw shifter
-auto dimming mirror with compass
-rear cup holder
-alloy wheel locks
-security system shock sensor
-all weather mats
-leather/aluminum shift knob

Price: $26,378 plus tax tags and dealer fee

Like many others who ordered around the same time as me, my estimated arrival date is the month of December. I don't have a VIN yet, and assuming it comes in December it will be more than a 12 week wait. There are several DGM WRX Base models at dealers within a few hundred miles of me, and I was wondering if anyone else had thought of trying to pick off a car from a nearby dealer like I'm starting to think about. The two major downsides are that you would have to renegotiate price and maybe live without options you ordered. If I wanted to get at least some of these options installed if I did go the route of buying a car off a dealers lot right now, does anyone know how easy/expensive it is to get options installed once the car is at the dealer? Since a lot of the options are port installed I'm not sure if dealers would charge a lot more to install options or even can install all of them. Realistically I'll probably just end up waiting till December or whenever the car ends up getting here, but I sure hope it doesn't take much longer than is already planned. If it doesn't seem too difficult to get options put on at a dealer (and assuming I can still get a great price somewhere else) maybe ill go that route if I start to get extra impatient....

We should compile a list of everyone's order dates, options, models, colors, etc and see if we can crack the code on why some cars are getting here fast and why a lot of us August orderers are pushed back to December now.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bradleyrgme is offline   Reply With Quote