Former Vendor

Member#: 286950
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
335i / WRX
EVO 8 RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortpersonbk View Post
I am trapping 102 with a 2012 sti stg 2...i feel like the launch has to have something to do with this (soft on purpose not horrible bog and in my case traction control)

i would not write off that its not all driver if you watch the video he shifts very slow ...i can't see how that would not hurt you by a couple mph
Okay, lets say he is the worst driver in the world (hopefully no offense taken, OP). Thats gonna greatly affect your ET, of course, but like you said, his lack of driving skill could also be hurting him by a couple mph. So least say its hurting him by 5mph, he is still only trapping 107-108. His set up should EASILY trap 110+, more like 112-116.

Maybe its the driving, maybe its the car. Its easy to figure out. He can either go back to the track and try again. He may do better, then well have a better idea of his trap. Or he can learning view or log the car, if nothing sticks out there, check boost leak and comp test. Both options are easy to do. Just seems like most people would wanna start checking it now and find out whats going on, then wait a week or two to get back to the track.

Regardless of what the OP's problem is, I wish him luck.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; 10-14-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Boosted Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote