View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #38
NASIOC Supporter
Member#: 129681
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2016 WRX w/EyeSight
Lapis Blue Pearl

Originally Posted by Bad Noodle View Post
Update: Installed new MAF using mcmaster nylon screws and lining the bottom with electrical tape. It looks tunable, at least there are a lot less random stumbles / huge corrections. I used to get +25 and -25 for the same rpm and mrp, but it looks like that's gone too. I'm in the +-15 correction area and they're in separate MRP cells so they can be tuned out... looking hopeful here but don't want to get too optimistic until its done and verified.
Did you also leave the ground on the MAF tube?

I realize our setups are significantly different, however, in the airflow area covered by the LTFT table, to my thinking, there just shouldn't be that kind of corrections if all airflow connections are secure. Even crude approaches should get closer than that.

In my experience with the AEM CAI there is a fairly close corellation between both OEM as well as Cobb's MAF CAL from zero airflow up to the 40-80, or "D", range. This makes sense to me, as at these flow rates the airway shouldn't make much difference. Again, to me, merely plugging in OEM values should get one MUCH closer trims in the lower ranges than +-15%.

In any case, there can be no tuning peace as long as LTFTs are not tied down and stable.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SeeeeeYa is offline   Reply With Quote