Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
Panhead Jim
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325375
Vehicle:
2006 Baja Sport
Silver

Well...
I didn't break the 2X4, but I thought I was going to. Long story short, it's on there and we're home safe and sound. I will be taking it right back off to fine-tune the fiberglass and get the best seal I can. I'm going to use a dremel to fine fit the glass to the truck around all the little obstructions. I think it will produce a better seal and will make the install much easier. Hindsight, I think the mechanical interference between the glass and the cab / bartops / plastic, etc. is much more trouble on the install than the gaskets are. I've got hard connections, glass to truck, all around the top stuff - so when you're pulling it down, you're trying to overcome all of that as opposed to just a rubber gasket. Thankfully though, the PO did not relieve the holes in the cap for easier install. I did get a good look at his truck following removal, and it is a mess. All that stuff around the top is buggered up really bad from mechanical interference with the cap. I'm just not going to let that happen to mine. Otherwise, love the cap. Looks great, works great, glad to finally have it on there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Panhead Jim is offline   Reply With Quote