NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 72730
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2001 Lexus ES300,
2005 Outback XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vms150 View Post
So just to be clear, the 2009 Legacy key Keyless Entry Remote is able to be programmed to the 02-05 Imprezas keyless entry system?
I looked though the whole thread and there didn't seem to be any conclusive info and I just want to make 100% sure.
Yes you are correct. To give you some background since I know it helps me to understand...think of it this way: any Subaru that can use the classic "teardrop" remote can use the 2009 Legacy key remote. If you go to Subaru tomorrow to get a new remote for say an 02 WRX, they will sell you a teardrop, the part number is going to be the same as the 05-07 Legacy. The 2009 Legacy remote is compatible, but far more convenient, and you can also use that to make the flip key if you like. (*make sure you follow remote programming for your particular car, it changed over the years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirknJirkn13 View Post
Think you need the keyless module from the car as well. That's what I had to do for my 10.
The 08-10 Impreza (09-10 Forester) is an "island of incompatibility" for whatever reason. The remotes look exactly the same as the old ones but don't work together. That is the problem I found and the basis of the need to swap the keyless unit.

11-up is a new era where all of the remotes are compatible again between Legacy/Forester/Impreza/WRX so you can use the 11+ Legacy keys.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Power6 is offline   Reply With Quote