Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #982
DDScooby
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 161876
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 Impreza WRX
WRB

Now that Cobb has Speed Density available for the 16bit ECU (02-05 WRX) now, and those model year cars have plummeted in price on the retail market there might be a fairly large upsurge in younger chaps (and ladies) able to get into the scoobies that were once out of their pocket book (moreover their parent's) range.

However, after researching a 400whp car in that particular genre (02-05); it is definitely a returnless investment. Even more so if it's wrapped around a tree.

I hope that veteran scoobie owners are point the newbs in the right direction instead of chastising them for having "rice" cars, and then pointing out the constructive advice on what it is to have a car that can be loads of fun, but takes tons more respect.

After 327awhp on my bugeye, and now eyeballing Speed Density w/Cobb... a Full Race rotated kit isn't far off from me. But I've also had various experience levels with this car from Stock to "stage 2ish" to my full hybrid built motor, 6spd swapped out monster it is now and all the Blouch goodness with it.

Be careful out there, really think about what it takes and what you need vs. what you want.

Good Luck!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DDScooby is offline   Reply With Quote