Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #2519
Siclos
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 327863
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl

This is info I have gathered from talking to SOA and multiple dealers, so with that said take this how you want as it is kind of hear-say:

First off, the quality control inspections are going on and not only in port. Some cars there were in transit even ended up at the factory in Indiana to undergo further quality control inspections. Why? Well that I haven’t found yet by talking to people but I feel there must be some issue they are looking for to go through this much trouble. Maybe some issue arose during that last heat of cars made, but like I said, haven’t gotten a clear answer about this.

Secondly, the whole cars being on “Hold” thing is a direct result of too many dealers ordering way above their allotted “earned” cars, thus effecting the arrival of cars for their entire region, not just the dealership itself. A couple dealers in the Indiana, Ohio, Illinois area that I have talked to even brought up Mike’s name as well as several other dealers that are offering “extremely below” invoice prices to sell a higher quantity of cars and this has attributed to most of the “On Hold” statuses. Dealers that haven't even ordered all their earned cars even have ones on hold. They also said by him doing this, these dealers are devaluing the car and can have a direct impact on the resale value of the car. Two of them have said that their dealerships have actually reported these dealers to Subaru as well and this over ordering issue will now be evaluated at a national level. Also from what I’ve hear, remember all hear-say, another dealer was actually responsible for reporting Mike to Subaru when he had posted the Subaru ordering forms with the MSRP/Invoice pricing that he has asks people to take down when they post it back up, and is still pushing Subaru to take further action on this.

Like I said before this is all hear-say and im not trying to bash anyone, just want to share what I have heard and keep others informed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Siclos is offline   Reply With Quote