View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #2540
c64me
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 194120

I too have a 13 STI on order that was originally scheduled for delivery on 10/8. I am in Nashville, TN. This week, my new ETA was updated to 10/22. I am not sure how much faith I have at this point and I have begun to explore the possibility of getting a different vehicle.

I do have prior experience with a QC hold on an ordered car and it was much better. In 2004, I ordered an 05 Corvette. I was set to take delivery of the car at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY on 10/13/04. About a week before my scheduled delivery date, I received a call from Bowling Green telling me there was a QC hold on my car and my delivery would be delayed. Within a day or two of my initial call, I received another call explaining to me that there a defective transmission part had been identified and all manual cars would need to be inspected and cross referenced to determine whether the transmission would need to be replaced. I received regular updates and ultimately received word that my car was not affected and would be able to take delivery on 10/15.

The lack of communication from Subaru to those of us that have been waiting for a car 10+ days is what bothers me most.

KenBeanNet, if you would also PM me the # of the Subaru HQ manager I would greatly appreciate it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
c64me is offline   Reply With Quote