The tools I used: drill and bits, hobby knife or razor blade, zip ties.
First I jacked up the car and removed the wheels.
I cut the lower part of the inside lip on each corner so that the bottoms of the flares sit flat against the body. I left a small triangular flap on each corner.
I lined up the flare with the fender and drilled each corner through the flare and the fender. I started by putting a screw in one side, then stretched the flare across and put a screw in the other side. I drilled a couple of additional holes about 3/4 of the way up on each side and ran a zip tie through that. There is nothing at the very top of the flare, it's not necessary.
Same process for the rear, except once the flare is mounted I went back and trimmed the excess plastic inside the door jamb. Just kept trimming until the rear doors opened and closed smoothly without dragging or catching on the flares.
There's no real how- to or DIY on this. I stumbled along and figured it out as I went. At first I did feel frustrated and thought it couldn't be done. I ended up doing the front on one day and the rears the following day.