Scooby Newbie

Member#: 321571
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Base
Ice Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotopesope View Post
would upgrading the fuel pump at stage 2 remedy this, or at least be some insurance against this possibility?

i just picked up a maddad bellmouth catted DP, and am also concerned with affecting the reliability of my 08 wrx when going stage 2. like the OP, i don't plan to race, just want to up the HP of my daily driver.

i have been reading a lot about how monitoring the IDC is important when upgrading turbos, thus the importance of simultaneously upgrading the fuel pump and injectors... so this has me thinking i should perhaps upgrade my fuel pump before installing my DP.

thoughts?
From my research and what the local tuner here has told me, is yes you want to upgrade the fuel pump. If you think about it, its but a drop in the hat for some added security. I mean I believe its about $120 for a good fuel pump. I've also heard you may need to add a boost controler, whether its manual or electric. As some have stated and many always say, "talk to your local tuner".

Apparently there is a proper/safe (as safe as it can be, I guess) to do stage 2. From my research its more than downpipe and tune and rag the piss out of the car. There are a bunch little things that should be done when going stage 2 to help insure the safety of your car and wallet. I'm currently in the process of saving and buying in's and out's here and there for stage 2 myself.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SouthernWRX is offline   Reply With Quote